11 October 2017
SHARE and Mental Health in Schools
SHARE is the new universal offer to schools for supporting young people's emotional wellbeing and mental health. Over the next 3 years the Schools Health and Resilience Education (SHARE) team will be working in Somerset's secondary and middle school settings alongside work in PRUs and special schools.
The project will offer:
The project starts this term with 13 schools already identified for Cohort 1.
For further details contact Project Manager, Emily Lang Email:
Additional support for schools and settings:
- The role of schools in promoting mental health & PSHE
- Information about local and national organisations
- Self-harm guidance
- Advice on dealing with trauma
- Training opportunities including Emotion Coaching
Mental Health First Aid (youth)
MHFA England offer to train a member of staff in every secondary school 2017/18. For further details go to: All about Youth Mental Health First Aid.pdf
Kooth is a free, safe, anonymous and non-stigmatised way for young people to receive counselling, advice and support on-line. it provides a much needed out of hours service for advice and support.
- Single point of contact for advice, consultation and referrals for CAMHS
- Based in Foundation House Taunton
- Staffed by Clinicians and Admin
- Mon – Fri 9 – 5
- Call: 0300 124 5012
Commissioned by the Local Authority to provide CAMHS workers across the county to deliver:
- Consultation, advice & signposting
- Direct work with young people at a Tier 2 CAMHS level for short pieces of focused work.
- Training and attendance at TAS
- Commissioned to work directly with 11-18
Resources and training to support delivery of Emotional Health and Wellbeing Education:
Educational Psychology Service
The team provides support and resources across all levels of need:
- Systemic/whole school
- Individual complex casework
- Supervision for staff
- Resources - including, Sensory Needs Handbook, Harmful Sexual Behaviour Guidance, Critical Incidents, Transgender Guidance
- For further information contact: Rebecca Wells (West) or Sam Hutton (East)
A new portal of advice, guidance and links for parents, carers and practitioners about health, behaviour, emotional wellbeing and the many topics and issues that parents need help with.
Information and tips to help support family relationships during the transition from primary to secondary phase and into adolescence.
- Local Mental Health in School Award
- Body Image campaign and resources for all phases
- Tackling Exam Stress - resources and training