22 January 2018
Parenting Support - Action Planning Day
Registration for this day is now closed. Actions and learning from the day will be disseminated widely across all services.
Sharing ideas to build a consistent offer
Public Health are facilitating a joint working day around supporting parents and carers in Somerset. The aim of the day will be to bring together practitioners and strategic leads from across services to cultivate a consistent process when offering support and information to families.
The themes of the day will be to:
- Gain a consensus about signposting to self-help resources and encouraging parents to practice parenting skills
- Recruit subject experts who would be willing to contribute to the development of and updating of the Parent and Carer Toolkit website
- Consider next step interventions following self-help such as drop-ins
- Map existing interventions including parenting courses across the age ranges
- Develop greater opportunities for local networking shared delivery across agencies
A light lunch will be provided. Please indicate your dietary requirements.